Sheridan Su

Friday, April 30, 2010

Asian Food in D.F. ! Part 1

I must admit....as good as tacos, tamales, mole and pozole are, I miss good ol' Asian food. This past week, I ventured out with Jenny in search for some delicious grub.


Cafe Amano, Cafeteria Japonesa




Cappuchino Frio and Floatante de Soda


Ribeye beef bowl and Curry Rice.



Ka Won Seng, huo guo Wednesday (hotpot Wednesdays and Saturdays)


Large selection for the huo guo (literally meaning, "firepot"). Basically, this is a ¨do it yourself¨ kind of meal. A large variety of proteins, vegetables, and starches are laid out on a table. A server will bring each person their own pot of hot broth. Then, you grab a combination of sauces for dipping. When the broth comes to a boil, you can swish your proteins and vegetables in the broth until your desired doneness. Dip into sauce, and savor!
-Beef, shrimp, blue crab, squid, fish ball, beef ball, cockles, mussels, bay scallops, sea bass, frog legs
-Decent selection of Chinese greens, along with mushrooms, vermicelli noodles, and dumplings
-A delicous array of Chinese salads including cucumber salad, pig's ear salad, seaweed salad
-Dim Sum: ham siu gok, egg custard, and fried sesame ball
-About a dozen sauces to choose and mix from


Tokio Restaurante @ Calle Hamburg


Ha Rim Gak @ Calle Londres


ZhaJiangMien, Korean style
I love ZhaJiangMien. There are many regional variations on this dish. I grew up eating the Taiwanese version. It was something my mom made for me when I was a youngster, and it was also something that she ate as a child. I will include a recipe in the near future.

Super Oriental Market, Coyoacan

Super Oriental


The results...fantastic solid cooking, authentic flavors, with an ambiance that brought me back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment