Sheridan Su

Monday, July 26, 2010

Restaurante Takenoya, Polanco


Chefs preparing dumplings behind a glass enclosed kitchen.


Shanghai Steamed Pork Dumplings - Xiao Long Bao


Chef waiting for a customer's order




Takenoya, in Polanco, was a pleasant discovery. A few days ago, I read about this restaurant on MidwesternerinMexico. Takenoya is a Pan Chinese and Japanese restaurant. It features a variety of mainstream dishes from both countries, such as potstickers, xiao long bao, har gow, tempura, as well as featuring a full sushi bar and teppenyaki tables. The xiao long bao is obviously its signature dish, as every table had an order of it. Its farce was a bit fattier and didn't hold as much broth as the dumplings I grew up eating. However, I'm not complaining, because I'm glad this restaurant exists here in DF. The xiao long bao's flavors were spot on with what I've eaten in Shanghai, China and (my home) Monterey Park, CA.



Takenoya
Moliere 313, Col. Polanco

No comments:

Post a Comment